How Diamond Shape Affects Price
The shape is an important consideration when buying a diamond as it directly influences price. Round diamonds, the most popular diamond shape, tend to be priced higher than other shapes (referred to as fancy shapes) because of market demand, increased manufacturing costs, and their incredible brilliance.
Fancy shaped diamonds include all diamonds other than round. Avenue Joaillerie offers nine different fancy shapes, including princess, emerald, Asscher, cushion, marquise, radiant, oval, pear, and heart.
How To Measure Your Ring Size
To help you find your ring size, our diamond jewelry experts have put together this complete ring size guide including a ring size chart, printable ring sizer, and tips for measuring at home. We've helped over 300 couples find an engagement ring and wedding rings that are a perfect fit.
We can offer you Free ring size to try in our wonderfully store with cup of coffee and snack
How To Measure Ring Size With String, Paper & Ruler
If you're shopping for someone else, the best way to find his or her ring size is to ask. If you're planning a surprise, get help from friends and family. They can ask without raising any eyebrows. The average ring size available for women ranges from size 3 to size 9. The most commonly purchased women's rings range between size 5 and size 7. Size 6 is the most popular. The average ring size available for men ranges from size 6 to size 13. The most commonly purchased men's rings range between size 8 to 10-½. Size 9 is the most popular. These standard ring sizes can help guide you in the right direction. If you do not see the size you need, contact our experts for help placing a special order. There are also a number of at-home methods to find your ring size
Measure your ring size with these steps:
1. Wrap string or paper around the base of your finger.
2. Mark the point where the ends meet with a pen.
3. Measure the string or paper with a ruler (mm).
4. Pick the closest measurement on the ring size chart to find your ring size.
More Ring Sizing Tips:
- Measure the inside of another ring that fits using a tape measure and our printable ring sizer.
- The ring should fit your finger comfortably: snug enough so it won't fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle with relative ease.
- When the knuckle is bigger than the base of the finger, measure both places and pick a size in between the two.
- Measure your ring size at the end of the day when your fingers are warm. Finger size changes depending on the time of day and the weather, and your fingers are actually smaller in the early morning and in cold weather. Also, keep in mind that fingers on your dominant hand are usually larger.
- Measure 3 to 4 times for more accuracy.